I have a child that Children's Protective Services has placed in my home; can I get any help for this child?

If the child is related to you or you have legal custody (that is, a custody order signed by a judge), then you may be eligible to get Work First Family Assistance for this child.

Note: In most situations, a relative/legal guardian's income will not be counted when determining eligibility for this child; however, the agency will attempt to collect child support from the absent parent(s) for the child.

You will likely qualify for childcare assistance - talk to your social worker about a referral for childcare assistance. Certain eligibility conditions apply. You may also qualify for food and nutrition services; however, the income for the entire family will usually be considered.

Document Actions


Personal tools