Child Protective Services Multiple Response System
OUR MISSION To protect children from abuse and neglect and strengthen families to achieve a safe, healthy and stable environment.
The Multiple Response System is Family - Centered
- Safety of the child is top priority.
- Children have the right to their family.
- The family is the most important resource for nurturing their children.
- Families are respected for their individuality. Children flourish in different types of families.
- Family members are experts on their family.
- A crisis is an opportunity for change.
Your rights & responsibilities
- Your family has the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- You have a responsibility to know DSS's legal authority and right to intervene.
- You have a right to know DSS's expectations of your family and what you can expect from DSS.
- Your phone call should be returned promptly
Phone Number (828) 652-3355
DSS Hours - 8:00 am - 5pm
Monday through Friday
After Hours, Weekends and Holidays - Call the McDowell County Sheriff's Department at 652-4000 and ask for the DSS Social Worker on call.