To promote the economic self sufficiency of children and families for whom we provide services.
Child Support services are available to anyone who wants or needs help in collecting child support through a network of state and locally run offices operating in every county. In McDowell County, the office is a unit of DSS, but is not housed in the main DSS building. The McDowell County Child Support Office is located on the second floor of the County Administration Building.
NC Child Support Enforcement offers assistance in the areas of:
- Location of non-custodial parent
- Establishment of paternity for children born outside of marriage
- Establishment of child support obligations
- Collection and distribution of child support
- Enforcement of child support obligations
- If custodial parent of child(ren) is receiving WFFA, child support is automatically pursued once the application is processed. A referral is keyed into the computer by the worker which in turn will transfer into our child support system.
- If the custodial parent is receiving Medicaid for the child(ren), then it is only mandatory that a medical order is pursued once the application is processed. It is at the discretion of the custodial parent whether child support is pursued. If it is requested by this parent, then again, once the application is processed actions will be taken to obtain child support for this parent. Again, a referral is keyed into the computer by the worker which in turn will transfer into our child support system.
- If a custodial parent is not receiving either of the above programs, the parent must apply through the local Child Support office and pay the required one-time fee.
Pay your child support online or get details about your North Carolina Child Support Enforcement Case at www.NCChildSupport.com.
Contact McDowell County Child Support Enforcement Unit:
60 E. Court St.
Marion, North Carolina 28752
Telephone: (828) 659-2649